If You Fail to Plan, You Plan to Fail
A strategic plan will identify the long-term goals for your business and lay out the roadmap to achieve them. The process begins by assessing and documenting the current status of your business and where it’s going. The final strategic plan will spell out where your business wants to be, not where it is today.
- The strategic plan starts with the basics: Your mission, vision, and values. With those foundations, you can develop the company’s long-term goals and the action items to achieve them.
- Most strategic plans focus on business growth, identifying the new opportunities and challenges in the coming years.
- Creating the plan is just the first step. Even the best strategic plan is useless if it is just published and placed on a shelf. It should be a living document that’s acted on and updated.
THE NWCFO ADVANTAGE
- We have a strong track record and experience in strategic planning. We will direct your business through the process and assist in creating the final plan including follow-up activities, tools and accountability.
- We can also guide you to make sure you are not focusing all your time on the present versus the future of the business. We will advise you on how to follow the strategic plan, which will identify ways to respond to new opportunities and mitigate business setbacks.
- We will work with you to make sure your entire organization knows the goals of the plan and how they can support it. If employees cannot tie their daily activities to the strategic plan, then they are not contributing effectively toward the success of your business.